Cookie's Comments

Cookie's Comments

Monday, January 11, 2016

FINALLY, I HAVE A NAME TAG

The other day when we went over to Uncle Vic's, when they went out, mum bought a tag with my name and phone no. on it. Finally, today, between her and Krysta, I AM NOW WEARING IT!!! I am so relieved that mum wont get AS upset when I get out. When I first came to live with her and kept on getting out, she had a couple of extra long walking strings joined together and would put that on me when she went out. I was able to get to my bed and food and water bowls (and, of course, the couch) while she was gone. But when I stopped running out every time the door opened, she stopped tying me up. She is now threatening to start doing it again if I don't stop running off!!!! I am VERY selective when I do it, BOL. For instance, when the EMT's came to take her to hospital a few weeks ago, they had the door open, and I didn't even try to get out!!!! When mum had her surgery over Christmas, I stayed alone and Krysta came over and fed me and walked me and I didn't try to get out (except the scare I gave everyone when I hid the day mum went to the hospital, BOL). Mum has to find out whether she will be going to rehab or coming straight home as to whether I stay here or go to Uncle Vic's. The doctor has told her that revision surgery is much more extensive than the original knee replacement surgery, but the surgery scheduler told mum that they would only be keeping her in the hospital for about 4 days!!!! Given that she lives alone, she does not know how they can send her home in such a short time. She has to go for pre-surgery scheduling this week, and see what she can find out!!! What is kinda ironic is, mum says that when she went to the ER for her knee at the beginning of December, they were only going to release her to a nursing home and not directly home!!! However, by the time she had the bone scan, she was able to get around better, and so they let her come home!!! But, thank goodness for Krysta!!!! Well, just wanted to let you know I finally have my name tag -- mum said the other tags will come eventually, bol. ttfn and toodle pip Cookie

7 comments:

  1. WE are MOST Relieved to hear that you have your NAME and Phone # Tag on now... THAT is MUCH SAFER.... butt the BESTEST thingy would be fur you NOT to go Missing. RIGHT???? Just Sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are very much relieved that you have identification BUTT we would be happier if you stopped escaping!

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so glad you have the name tag, but try and stay with your lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you. Mom's going to send you some money for your medicine tomorrow so check your go fun me thingy in the afternoon.

    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cookie I'm so glad you have a name tag now. That will keep you safer. But remember, you have to start staying home so that you can take good care of your mommy. She's going to need your help. Running off won't be much of a help to her. Paw hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very happy that you have an official name tag. I hope you and your Mum are feeling better and I am keeping paws crossed for you both.


    Ziggy Out!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hari OM
    That is great Cookie - not only because it will be an added security for mum - but because you can show off your identity to everyone properly now!!! POTP for mum's surgery... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete