Cookie's Comments

Cookie's Comments

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

MY LITTLE "ADVENTURE"

Cookie's mum here: Before I continue with my "memories", Cookie wanted me to tell you about her little "adventure" the other day.

We had gone over to Vic's on Sunday afternoon and I did not go for my phone for some time after we got home.  Vic was having problems with his internet so I could not get hold of him.  So on Monday morning we went over there.  Sure enough the phone was there.  We decided to go home at about 9:30 am.  As we were walking home, Cookie was walking slower and slower.  (Remember her leash is attached to my wheelchair).  Anyway, we had just turned into the driveway to our complex when all of a sudden, it felt like I was dragging a 10 ton weight!!!  I looked down and Cookie was on her back on the ground panting away and drooling like crazy.  One of the men who was working on a bulldozer came over and gave her some water, but she still would not get up.  The young man was really great and when I asked him if he could carry her in to my apartment, he lifted her as though she was a puppy!!!!  It took a while (with me watching her practically every second) but she finally stopped with the panting and got up and took a long drink of water.  As you can imagine, I was really upset over all this.  My back was already giving me problems but after this little "adventure" it REALLY started hurting.  It happened that I had an appointment with my Primary doctor, and he recommended that I go to a pain center-- like me, he does not want me to get really addicted to pain meds!!!!

Well after relaxing, taking Gabapentin and my pain meds, the pain has eased up somewhat.  Hopefully I will continue my "adventure" in Paris tomorrow!!!

ttfn and toodle pip

Cookie's mum

1 comment:

  1. Hari OM
    Yikes, Cookie, whatchya doing to your mama??? She doesn't need this kinda worry. Hope it was just a one-off and you are all good now. Mama too. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete