Cookie's Comments

Cookie's Comments

Sunday, March 18, 2018

ME TAKING CARE OF MUM FOR A CHANGE

This has been a rough week or so for mum.  Her Oldest sister who lived in Seattle had been in the hospital.  She had some surgery and then apparently had a major heart attack.  Mum had only been told that Ros was having some "minor" surgery.  (The reasoning for this goes way way back to when they were kids and because of mum's "hole in the heart" situation, the family were told to treat her "with kid gloves" basically, so she was always the last to find out about most things -- a long story which I may be able to get her to tell you all about some other time.)  Anyway, Ros had open heart surgery this past Tuesday and things appeared to be going along ok -- or as ok as possible for an 80 year old with iffy health.  Mum forgot that her other sister, Dianne, was having cataract surgery on Thursday, and when she had not heard from Dianne by Friday afternoon, she called her.  At that point all seemed well.  Dianne was recovering from her cataract surgery ok, but mum and she got into an argument over things that had happened years ago -- another long story for another time.  Anyway, thing seemed to be going ok until Saturday afternoon when Dianne called to sa that Ros had died.  Now, mum is upset because she does not know how to find the money to get to Seattle!!!!  Mum got online and checked out airlines and if she flies from Phoenix to Seattle it is about $400 less.  There is a shuttle from Tucson to Phoenix, but it will be a hassle.  She also has to find out if he can take me with and what papers, etc. she will need for me.  I will also mention that mum had tummy troubles on Friday and Saturday morning.  Fortunately (for me, anyway) on Friday she started after she had taken me out to do my biznez but Saturday it started earlier, and so she could not take me out.  She also forgot to feed me till about 3 pm!!!!!!  She told me I was a very good girl cos I did not have an accident in the house.  Oh, and I should mention that on Friday we met my "good Samaritan" who helped out when I had my little "incident" a couple of weeks ago.  Mum was talking to him while he was eating a really good smelling samwich that I was eagerly sniffing and they were both ignoring!!!  But to get back to mum -- needless to say me and the kitties have been giving mum lots of hugs and kisses to make her feel better.  I am trying to convince her to put up a GoFundMe page to see if we can get some help.  She would be flying out on Tuesday and coming back either Thursday evening or Friday.  She will meet Dianne in seattle and Dianne had hotel points for the Marriott and mum will take some of her special shakes etc with her.

I want to go and give her more hugs and kisses so I am gonna end now -- will talk more later.

ttfn and toodle pip

Cookie (who is giving mum lots of tlc)

1 comment:



  1. My name is Leah Brown, I'm a happy woman today? I told myself that any loan lender that could change my life and that of my family after having been scammed separately by these online loan lenders, I will refer to anyone who is looking for loan for them. It gave me and my family happiness, although at first I had a hard time trusting him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I needed a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life everywhere as single mother with 2 children, I met this honest and God fearing online loan lender Gain Credit Loan who helped me with a $300,000.00 loan, working with a loan company Good reputation. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure of paying the loan please contact (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete