Cookie's Comments

Cookie's Comments

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Mum thought she got away with it!!!

I told mum she had to post today, but she thought if she messed around enuf she could get away with not having to post!!!!!  NO WAY MUM

Anyhoo, she agreed to post, but said there would not be any photos (AGAIN!!).  I let her get away with not posting on Tuesday and Wednesday cos she had doctors' appointments.  On Tuesday she had a CT scan and x-rays of her back and neck (the back doctor would have preferred an MRI but mum can't have those cos of an implant she has in her back).  The doctor called her yesterday to say that there was not much change in her back, but that her lapband had changed position.  This now means that she has to go see the doctor that put in the lapband to find out what is going on!!!  Later yesterday, mum went to see the doctor who she saw when she first had her eye injury because her eyelid is much more droopy than it was.  He is going to do surgery on it in October.  She now has to call the attorney to see if these costs can be included with the lawsuit!!!!!  Mum is not too happy about this, but it really needs to be done cos (expecially when she is tired) her eye completely closes and she has problems w/the Teevees -- not as bad as when she first hurt her eye, but bad enuf.  She also asked the doctor about a procedure (that is not approved here by the FDA) that is performed in England.  Apparently the doctor works with the hospital Mum wants to deal with and so it should not be too much of a problem.  She is still covered by the National Health Service over there so it should not be too bad.  We are planning (me and Mum) to go over for a few months after mum gets the lawsuit settled.  She discussed with the doctor how, unless they saw her when she had the injury, that people do not seem to realize just how bad it was!!!!  She almost lost the whole eye and the eyeball ruptured and so the first surgery was pretty extensive!!  She had two more surgeries cos pressure on the eye kept building up until the pain was excruciating.  During the third surgery the doc inserted a glaucoma drain and because of the extensive injury to the eye, it is very noticible cos the doc could not put it in the usual spot in the eye.  This also caused problems when mum was at the point where she shoulda been able to wear a contact lens in that eye.  The normal lens did not work so she had to have surgery to sew in a lens -- the surgery shoulda only taken 30 minutes, but, again cos of all the damage to the eye, took 90 minutes -- which then caused her back and neck to go into spasm (one of the symptoms of her muscle disease).  I was only around for the last surgery.  Apparently Cody was with mum on the way home when she had the accident.  Cody had to go with mum to the hospital in the ambulance and stay there until Uncle Vic could pic her up!!!!!!  Mum says that she was a very good girl until the orderlies came to take mum for a CT scan -- then she tried to drag and nurse tech after mum!!!!!  Anyway -- enuf about all this -- sorry to take so long and go into so much detail!!!

Mum had said she would take me to Udall Park, but I forgot to wake her up until almost 5:30, which she says is too late because it STILL gets very hot here.  In fact, it was in the newspaper and apparently on the news that a man took his dog on a hike and the dogs paws got burned on the hot ground.  I guess if I want to go out more, I better start wearing the booties mum bought me!!

Anyway -- not much else has happened -- I have been spending a fair amount of time hiding in the bathtub because of the thunderstorms!!!  Mum finally got the hint and put a towel on the bottom of the tub for me!!

Well, guess that's it for today -- will try to get my mum to post some pics soon.

ttfn and toodle pip

Cookie

16 comments:

  1. Oh me Cookie your sweet mom has had a time. We hope and purr things start to heal soon
    Hugs madi your bfff
    Yep girl put on the booties!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Cookie, I think it is a good thing you are around to help mum keep going! I know that when I had Jade, she always made sure I got going each day and that if I was having a bad one, I at least had company to cuddle. Sorry to hear you are not enjoying the storms so much though. Hope they stop soon. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mum repeatedly says that if it were not for me she would almost NEVER go out, but because she has to get up and take me out in the mornings that (aside from doctors' appointments) she would almost NEVER go out, especially in the hot summer weather. So, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops --this was sposed to go in as a reply to your comment Yam-aunty, bol

      Delete
  4. Cookie mom obviously knows who's boss since she posted again. BOL sending mom good vibes
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man I hope moms health improves!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do we!!! She has to have an EMG on her right arm next week, too!!! She has had them before and says she absolutely HATES the procedure!!

      Delete
  6. Ya know what, Cookie? We think your mum needs some snuggles and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. blogger ate my reply to you, but I was saying that although I am too big to snuggle on mum's lap, etc., I have convinced Sixpence and Tigger to give her a lot of snuggles

      Delete
  7. Sounds like your Mom and ours are both having health problems - but we are there to make everything better :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell your mum that I would love to chat with her if she wants to -- thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. grrr-blogger screwed me up again -- that was sposed to be a reply to Reilly-Denny's comment, lol

      Delete
  9. Oh noes!!! I hopes your Moms starts feelin' better soon Cookie!! I am glads you are there for her to watch over her and get lots of snuggles! Gives your Moms a big wet sloppy kiss for me, okays?! BOL
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats a lot thats happening!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete