Cookie's Comments

Cookie's Comments

Monday, February 26, 2018

MUM CAN'T SLEEP!!!!

It is almost 2:30 am on Monday and mum cannot sleep.  She has woken me up and gotten me off my nice comfy recliner so that we can post here!!!  I tried to tell her I was too tired but it did not seem to bother her.  This leads into the story of our excitement (not) on my Sunday morning walk.  I may have mentioned that they have dug up my doggy park here so we have to think of some other way for me to do my business.  On Saturday morning walking alongside the wash was fine.  Mum thought that the path on the other side of the wash looked a little better, so sunday that was where we went.  Everything was fine and I did my business so she made a U-turn and guess what?  The chair got stuck in the stones which were bigger than the other part of the path.  Mum absolutely could not get the chair moving, and she realized that she did not have her phone with her!!!!  I should mention here that there was a fence with lots of houses on one side of us and apartments across from us!!!!  So mum started yelling "HELP".  This went on for about 15 minutes until finally someone came.  She had a phone so she called 911 and waited with me till the fire truck arrive with 3 hefty firemen!!!  They got the chair unstuck and followed us along a better part of the path so make sure we did not get stuck again before we reached a pavement!!!!  So, a walk that should have taken about 10-15 minutes took over an hour -- needless to say we will not go along there.  We finally got home around 9-15 and the newspaper had not been delivered.  She called the number we have and the mechanical milly took the info and said the paper would be delivered.  It did not arrive till around noon!  Mum gave me a Frosty Paws for being such a good girl during all this!!!

On another subject, I may have mentioned that when mum was in the hospital last year and I went to with Jen (another long story which I may repeat some time), she took my Service Dog vest (among other things) and although mum begged her to return that plus the other stuff and she always had an excuse why she could not make it.  Mum was on the phone with one of her nieces in England that she had not spoken to in some time.  While they were catching up mum mentioned about the cost of replacing the vest and Debbie asked mum for her address and said she would send the money so she could get me a new one!!!!  At least SOMETHING nice came out of!!!!

As I mentioned is now 2:45 am and I am going back to sleep !!!!!

ttfn and toodle pip

Cookie

2 comments:

  1. Oh Cookie - our mom haz thoze spellz butt she just never goez to bed til 1 or 2 may-b almost 3 in the mornin'butt at leest she uzually allowz us to just sleep away on the sofa - not alwayz butt most of the time. So happy fer y an'your mom that thingz werked out - an'u gotz a Frosty Pawz - most bestest part!
    Lady Shasta'n Miss Maizie

    ReplyDelete